Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Welcome! Ok, so I have tried other blogging/online journals before and never really got into it. However, I was told I just HAD to try this one. So here goes! Bear with me as I enter into the new world of "blogging!"

Here are a few random thoughts for today!

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince - Phenomenal book! Although I saw the end coming at about page 100 it was still fascinating enough to keep me reading! The best book by far....wish the next one would hurry up and come out!

The Dukes of Hazzard - I was a little skeptical but still wanted to see it. I had a few encounters with the movie as it was being filmed around town so I couldn't wait to see the end result. It was definitely worth the hassle of standing in line with 25 year old line cutters. True story no joke...but that's another post! All in all, fun movie.

Wedding Plans - For anyone out there planning a wedding...one piece of advice hire someone do do the work for you. I am a borderline obsessive compulsive Miss Perfect and I thought my exceptional organizational skills would come in handy (no comments needed) and this thing would be a piece of cake. Well now as we are less than 90 days away I am starting to wish we had planned a trip to Vegas instead. Its just one thing after another. I just keep telling myself that at the end of all of this my fiance and I will be married and thats what counts. However, it doesn't always keep everything moving forward...

Wicked- Let me start by saying that I am a Wizard of Oz "purist" as my fiance dubbed me. I read the book Wicked this summer and was equally delighted and appalled by the book. At first the brazen comments and situations shocked me so much I didn't want to keep reading. Much different than the typical Dorothy and Toto story! As I kept reading I found the book to me much more enjoyable. It definitely makes you think! I then went and bought the soundtrack to the musical and fell in love with it. I definitely recommend the book and soundtrack!

Ok, enough rambling for today. Check back soon for more posts. School is starting soon so I probably have plenty of tales from the trenches!

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger brousky said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of world wide web weblogging aka "blogging" - Enjoy!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

Yes, yes of course. Welcome to blogging. I only hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

When Lindsey (my wife) and I got engaged, her parents half-jokingly, half-seriously offered to give us half of the cash that they were going to use to pay for the wedding, so that we could elope and have a great trip.

We convinced ourselves that since we were only going to get married once, we should have a nice, pretty wedding and enjoy ourselces. AS soon as we started planning, we were wishing we'd taken them up on the offer though. Wedding planning is so, so difficult, but in the end I know that you will love it. It's a great day.

Congrats!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Mr. The Buffalo said...

Indeed! Welcome to the wonderful universe of the blog. When Michelle and I got married, the planning was tremendously tiring, but I agree with Luke, it was worth it.

Incidentally, Mr. The Buffalo will not condone nor contribute to any Potter-bashing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home