Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Its the most wonderful time of the year! The first day of school!

This week has been exhausting and school technically hasn't even started yet! This week was move in and get settled week. Normally "move in" just means get settled and clean the room to get ready for the year. Well this year I really had to move. I had to move across campus and up a flight of stairs. Why not use the elevator? Simple our school is so old we don't have one! So each box had to be hand carried by yours truly! Thankfully I was able to get a group of kids to move the desk, file cabinet, etc. Now that it is over I am actually settled into my room and starting to get excited about school.

We have students show up tomorrow for orientation. I probably won't sleep tonight. Not because of nerves, but because I am excited! I love the first day of school. I especially new school supplies. I could spend my life savings at Office Depot and Target on school supplies alone!

Another fun thing about this year... I get a new computer and a new LCD projector for my classroom! I love having a high tech classroom. The stuff you can do is so much more fun than just a chalkboard. I wish my teachers would have had these things available when I was in school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home