Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Wedding planning just took a fun turn for the better. My groom-to-be and I have finally begun planning our honeymoon...to New York City! We thought this was a little out of reach until my dad offered to give us his hotel and airline points. We don't have to spend a dime on hotel/airfare! The hotel is right next to Times Square! Thanks, Dad!
So we are busily planning our days in New York. We have several things we want to visit; Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, Bloomingdales (ok thats me), Rockefeller Center, etc. Best of all we should be able to get tickets to Wicked!!! I think Im almost the most excited about that one! It is going to be a jam packed week...but we are excited! Any other suggestions let me know!
Ive been there once before, hopefully I can remember how to get around on the subway! From what I remember its not that hard....

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun!! I wish I could cram myself in your suitcase and go with you (I promise I'd stay out of the way)!

But if I were to go to NYC, there are two things I'd definitely do:

1) If you are a Sex and the City fan, do the Sex and the City Tour. A bus and tour guide will take you to several of the spots from the show. Get more info at http://gonyc.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=gonyc&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sceneontv.com%2Ftour.php%2Fsatc%2F

2) Eat a Frozen Hot Chocolate dessert at Serendipity 3 Restaurant. Oprah featured it on her show as "the best dessert ever," so you know it's got to be good! Here is their Web site: http://www.serendipity3.com/

Have fun!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

I am dying to go back to New York. I've been once, for one day. We went to a friend's wedding and couldn't afford to stay any longer.

If I were to go back today, the top thing on my list of to-do's would be to visit the Flatiron Building. I'm kind of an architecture geek, and that is a fascinating building to look at (in pictures anyway.) I'm sure it's majestic in person.

Have fun, whatever you decide to do!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger brousky said...

YEAH For NYC!!!

This will be the first time I get to go. I know that I have told you in person, but I am very excited!

Sex and the City Tours!, Frozen Hot Chocolate, Flatrion building - it all sounds so exciting for a little small town boy like myself!

(for our friends that didnt' make the connection - this is her fiance')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home